Thank you for joining us this past Children's Grief Awareness Day to help us all become more aware of the needs of grieving children — and of the benefits they obtain through the support of others.
1 in 7 children and teens will experience the death of a parent or sibling. Grieving children and teens often feel isolated from their peers and experience other stressors as a result of the death. The impact is lifelong.
• Be there to listen and offer support
• Talk with children about the person who died and acknowledge their loss.
• Speak honestly and simply about death and grief.
• Make time for them and help them maintain important activities and relationships.
• Know about the resources in your community.
Some of our Littles' butterflies.